Having a successful blog isn’t quite that easy, you need to be subtle, behind-the-scenes tweaks and additions that can actually make a world of difference when it comes to the success of your blog. Monetizing it in a right way is very necessary. Are you planning to monetize your blog? Do you want to know more about monetizing your content? Then you are on the right page. There are many factors and elements that you should consider before monetizing your content. When it comes to blogging, there are certain obvious things that you need to be successful. This time, we have gathered and picked 10 points for to make things easier for you.
Having your own domain name is must
Try to select or choose a name that sounds good and easy to remember. The less complicated name is easier for people to find. An own domain name gives a more professional image about you. It is easier to get your site registered with famous search engines. By choosing your own domain name you have a better position in some search engine listings. Without owning your own domain name your blogs cannot be monetized. You should avoid choosing domain names that already exists or on similar lines with your counterparts because when you choose people may end up on your competitor’s site rather than yours! They might get confused over the two domain names.
Always maintain content quality and keep updating your content regularly
Content is an ideal hook to build an audience, especially with storytelling. A thoughtful content and powerful imagery are crucial. A high-quality content is tremendously important for an accomplishment of your brand. In other words, it’s one the benchmarks advertisers are striving to reach.
Content monetization strategy built for content monetization are the real heartbeat behind the success of it. You need to be constantly updating your content, re-launching, re-posting across various platforms. It is highly recommendable that building new products and formats will multiply your audience and revenue count. So, keep your content creation momentum rolling and try to crack the seal of your content product into a brand.
Stay away from all illegal content:
Beware of illegal content. Some online content is prohibited under the law because it is offensive or illegal. Such material can be found on websites, peer-to-peer networks, forums and sites providing access to live streamed video. When unintentionally accessed, prohibited offensive and illegal content can be extremely distressing, particularly for children. You should be aware of the footage that deals with real or simulated violence, games or films, criminal activity or accidents from video clips, images of child sexual abuse, sexually explicit content, are prohibited.
Choose your ad-spot wisely:
Nowadays, online ads have become a daily part of our internet life. For new marketers, it can be little perplexing getting a hold on the scope and variety of online ads available. Too many ads on a page will destroy or will act as a barrier for better user engagement. More contextual look is good, but if you have to many ads it would be very distracting for the audience to see the quality content. There are various ad spots in new media as well. An online video sharing sites offer the ability to purchase ad spots within the videos on its sites. All these ad spots typically run before a video loads, which the viewer cannot skip. Five to six ad spots are good not more than that. You have to be very careful while selecting a right ad on a right spot.
You need quality of traffic
When it comes to selling products and services online, the quality of your traffic is more vital than the quantity. Simply tweak your blog by escalating your titles with proven content formulas that will definitely generate more clicks. Additionally, make sure they look good both in search results and across different social media networks.
Note: When we are talking about the quality of your traffic, we are actually talking about:
- Buyers intent, i.e. are these buyers intend to buy it?
- The demographic tie, i.e. is this traffic genuine? Is this your target audience?
- Cost effectiveness, i.e. can this traffic reach my cost per action (CPA) goals?
Get familiar with the terms like SEO – On page and off page:
- On-Page SEO refers to how well your website’s content is presented to search engines. On page optimization includes a particular webpage which is structured in a manner so that it gets tracked by the search engines for given keywords and key phrases.
- Off-Page SEO refers to your website’s inclusive authority on the web resolute by what other websites say about your site. An off page optimization consists of obtaining backlinks to your page from the authority sites in your genre. It is a long-term process and takes time to improve. In layman’s term off page is all about your online reputation.
Arbitrage and content aggregator:
- Have you heard about the concept arbitrage? The holy grail of display advertising is arbitrage, i.e. arbitrage is an eagerly tracked process of purchasing traffic to a particular web page and subsequently making more in revenue than the initial inbound click cost. Online advertising has a fraud problem. So, an arbitrage buys traffic from those sites which are free from bot traffic. Hence, it improves the pace of monetization.
- Do you know about the term content aggregator? It is an organization or individual that pleats web content from different online sources for resale or reuse. So, do you want smart ways to increase your blog traffic? That’s the dream of every blogger right? There are various ways where you can generate quality traffic.
Beware of BOT traffic and Click Fraud:
- Bots are shredding off advertisers in many ways than one. Not only brands forfeiting for fake ad impressions, but they’re also finding bots are leading them amiss in their efforts to reach real humans. Millions of ad impressions are being served to bots and non-human traffic, which is a grave problem. The problem is bots often behave better than humans, i.e. if a campaign is trying to reach certain target of clicking an ad or spending time on a page, the bots will click more often and stay longer.
- Click fraud is a situation when bots are used as an inflating agent and rising up the CTR of ads artificially. The outcome of which is to reduce or even eliminate the number of clicks you get from an open prospect. In many cases, the bot is hooked on using up the daily ad impression for a website by redirecting the clicks to another site. The outcome: Agencies are left optimizing for bot behavior, not human actions. If you send bot traffic you are not paid, rather you are not entitled of not getting paid. Know more!
Direct advertisers and ad-exchange platforms will definitely help you:
It is very necessary that you try to fill your ad spots with relevant advertisers. Reach out for the best ad networks, where they maintain transparency on the DSPs. Basic motto should be 100% fill rate.You can enjoy improved targeting and transparency with real data by auctioning each impression in real-time amongst multiple bidders. You can decrease the cost of operation by direct buying and removal of intermediaries. These ad exchange platforms like Yahoo Right Media, DoubleClick exchange, AdECN (Microsoft), OpenX Market (OpenX) will help you! Direct advertisers will give you more revenue compared to other, however, RTB platform is preferable if you are a newbie.
You must know about RTB and Programmatic platforms:
RTB was formed as a protocol to link different platforms of digital advertising, i.e. Ad Exchange, DSPs, SSPs, Ad Networks, etc. The RTB breakthrough allowed buyers to regulate a potential advertising chance in real-time based on in-depth data, i.e. user information, time of day, device type, ad position, and more. RTB is often confused with the term programmatic. Real Time Bidding is actually a subsection of programmatic buying which refers to an automatic way of transacting digital advertisements between buyers and sellers. Know more about its benefit here.
Content monetization in the year 2016 involves learning new ways to allocate and market content so that you can reach pool of buyers and leads on platforms. All these platforms offer a large pool of engaged users who are there for only one reason: to buy premium digital content. If you want to know more about a unique programmatic plex where you can earn high revenue, then click here to register for Vertoz’s Programmatic Plex.